CALL FOR PhD students: 4 PhD and Mater positions are available in Industrial Automation Laboratory (Open Lab) of Assoc.Prof. Nguyen Truong Thinh, HCMUTE, Viet Nam
Several PhD and Master positions are available at the Industrial Automation Laboratory (Open Lab) in HCMUTE (Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education), Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam.
Candidates with background in Mechatronics, Automatic control, Robotics, AI, dynamical system theory, and/or applied mechatronics will receive special consideration.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive full scholarship and research assistantship including tuition waiver and stipend. The scholarship and research assistantship are yearly based and can be automatically renewed if the candidate’s performance is satisfactory.
The successful candidates will participate in and continue our well-established novel control systems for industrial and service robot. The research directions include control of coordination, cooperation, and human-robot interaction for grounded service robots, industrial manipulators, and cable robots.
– Relevant degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, IT or related area,
– Strong background in novel control systems, robotics, and mechatronics,
– Strong programming skills in C/C++, MATLAB, and Python,
– Proficient oral and written English skills.
To apply, contact Assoc.Prof. Nguyen Truong Thinh (email@example.com) with a single PDF file including:
– Cover Letter describing background, experience, motivation, and publication,
– CV including 3 references, and
– Transcripts and diplomas of the applicant’s bachelor and/or master studies.
Closing date for applications: Feb 15, 2019 or until all positions are filled
Starting date: Dec 15, 2018
Dr. Nguyen Truong Thinh
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education
1 Vo Van Ngan street, Thu Duc district, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam